Skip to main content

Building Character

 Over the years some of us fell in a certain cycle of trying to fit in. Whether it is social clubs, church groups, friend zones or organisations. All we ever wanted to accomplish was to fit in somewhere. In the process we were trying to fit in instead of standing out. We also wanted to be counted in! What we don't usually realized is that we are uniquely made in the image of God. In Christ we are wonderfully and fearfully made(Psalm 139:14). Why do you want to fit in when you can be the best of ONLY YOU! You have a special plan that's set out by God, our Heavenly Father. 

To be different starts with building your character. You will be amazed of what you are capable of doing if you would only start concentrating on becoming the best version of yourself. In order to leave a great legacy behind, ensure that you will be remembered for the character that you have built. This can begin by just being yourself. The next time you want to be like someone else, reflect first on yourself and know that there is only one YOU. So start being a better YOU than yesterday or the day before. After all there can be  only one of YOU!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jy is spesiaal!

Soms wonder jy of jy genoeg is? Of jy mooi genoeg is, slim genoeg is, ryk genoeg is of self invloedryk genoeg is. Dit kan jou dan laat wonder of jy ooit spesiaal genoeg is om te wees waar jy jouself bevind. Tog kan jy nie help dat jy gebore is in die familie wat jy het of dat jy in die dorp, stad is waar jy is. Veral as jong dogter of seun wat nie vir hulle self werk en sorg. Jy is nog afhanklik van ma en pa en soms wil jy so haastig klaar maak met skool om onder hulle sorg weg te beweeg.  Tog as jy wel wegbreek besef jy dat dit maar altyd beter en soms lekkerder by die huis was as wat jy nou op jou eie is. Hier waar jy nou self moet uit haal en wys en verantwoordelikheid moet opneem vir jou eie lewe. As jongmeisie of seun het jy weer ander uitdagings soos bv  wat jy nou eintlik uit die lewe wil hĂȘ. Jy scroll op social media en hou ander mense dop en wil dan soos hulle wees of self die goed he wat hulle het. Tog weet jy dat jy dit nie kan beskostig nie. Dan kom die vraag weer....

Dreams can come true

Do you have a dream so bad that you would do anything to achieve it?. Before you can answer this question I would like to know ," how far are you in accomplishing it"? It is fine to have a dream but it is another story to make that dream into a reality. How bad do you want it? We get to realise that it is the things in life that brings value by the small contributions we make towards others.This does not necessarily need to be money or material things but just a smile, compassion or a listening ear will mean the world to those in emotional pain. We all have a part to play in serving one another. It does not only have to be in church but it is actually outside the four walls of church where the real church should happen. You and me being the church to someone.  In doing the things we love and things that make us tick we discover our purpose on earth. We sometimes want things to hit us like thunder to discover our purpose on earth whereas it has been with you the whole time. Ev...

Life-changing investment

In 5 months time it will be 10 years ago when everything changed. I found myself looking for answers in all the wrong places. Partying, drinking and thinking I am having the time of my life. Involved in a relationship that I did not think was important until I realised I'm playing with someone's heart. This time around  it was not just someone who are here for temporary fun but someone who actually saw a future with me. For someone who have been hurt multiple times this was a reality shock and I realise I was on the wrong path. I thought I could play with people's feelings because of the hurt and disappointment in relationships I had in the past and thought  I could do it with anyone and move on. This was truly a reality check for me. The realisation of being on the wrong path drove me to searching for a place where I could go and praise God again. I have drifted slowly and surely away from the house of the Lord since I moved away from home. I have explored the world throug...