Skip to main content

What do you have to offer?

How often do we look at celebrities success stories. Reading it,following it on tweeter,facebook. 

We start to fantasise about our own life. How we will be when we can become famous,well-known, popular, rich or even just making it in life. It's easy to follow other people's lives and clapping for them ,celebrating them whilst we still procrastinate on our own life.

Yes,obcoz we should celebrate others.

 Don't get me wrong. It is through such role models we can aspire to  become what we also should be. Many people have started small . They started with only one dream. One desire. One goal. With only what they had to offer.

It brings us to the question. What do you and I have to offer to this world?. There are so many things we can do. Reaching out to teenagers, to abused women, to poor households, to underprivileged schools ,to a community with lack of entertainment activities. Still all the above are not the limit.

What do you have?. What is it that you would want to see to be transformed over the next 5 years within your sphere of the community?.

There are times we dream of a  better world, better nation, better society and then we still stand with our arms folded. We say we dont have qualifications, dont have the money, dont have a good job, dont have a smart car to drive. 

We have nothing to give because we think one should at least have all these things before we can impact our environment,society or world as a whole.

It is anyway easy to give after you have obtain everything in life, some would argue. So out of the abundance I now can give to some who I think need it.

It's easy to give when you dont have to worry where the next plate of food comes from, it's easy to offer when you have no worry about the roof over your head for the night. 

What if your children's school uniform is teared, school fees are outstanding or transport money is no where in sight.

So how can one give what you have? How can one use what you have?

Ever thought of how I can improve my day by setting myself available. If you are good in helping children with their homework, do it. If you are excellent in cleaning homes in general ,offer your services.

 If you are brilliant with technology, start using your phone for tutoring students who are struggling with their school projects.

If you are good in needlework , make it known by doing your neighbours needlework. There are so many ways to use what you have in your hands right now.

If you enjoy putting your mind on paper ,do it. If you enjoy public speaking by encouraging others.. do it!!!  You have so much to offer.

Let us  sit still for a few minutes and think about what you have right now . That you reckon you are good at. How can you use it for a good cause.

Sometimes we focus to much on the 'big'thing that we forget about what we already have.

There are no time as the present to make a move. You have a gift and talent for so long and you never started to developed it. It boils down to you and me as individuals to recognize what we already have and so we can create our own little ' celebrity life'.

The greatest fulfillment will be that you accomplish something with your time that is so precious instead of accumulating stuff that have no eternal value. 

Yes it is awesome to have your own car, your flat, your label clothes, your most expensive make-up,jewelry . Is this for setting a image or is it for self-fulfilment ?.

There is nothing wrong to buy yourself stuff but sometimes we buy things for wrong reasons. Rather start offering some of those things that are of no use anymore. Things that you have duplicated just because you can afford it.

Realizing the real reason why we buy certain things can help us to buy things that we only need and not want.

Start recognizing what you have to offer. They need you ,I need you, we need you.

Dont hesitate. Believe in yourself. Believe you have it to give  it away!!

✍CWR✍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jy is spesiaal!

Soms wonder jy of jy genoeg is? Of jy mooi genoeg is, slim genoeg is, ryk genoeg is of self invloedryk genoeg is. Dit kan jou dan laat wonder of jy ooit spesiaal genoeg is om te wees waar jy jouself bevind. Tog kan jy nie help dat jy gebore is in die familie wat jy het of dat jy in die dorp, stad is waar jy is. Veral as jong dogter of seun wat nie vir hulle self werk en sorg. Jy is nog afhanklik van ma en pa en soms wil jy so haastig klaar maak met skool om onder hulle sorg weg te beweeg.  Tog as jy wel wegbreek besef jy dat dit maar altyd beter en soms lekkerder by die huis was as wat jy nou op jou eie is. Hier waar jy nou self moet uit haal en wys en verantwoordelikheid moet opneem vir jou eie lewe. As jongmeisie of seun het jy weer ander uitdagings soos bv  wat jy nou eintlik uit die lewe wil hĂȘ. Jy scroll op social media en hou ander mense dop en wil dan soos hulle wees of self die goed he wat hulle het. Tog weet jy dat jy dit nie kan beskostig nie. Dan kom die vraag weer....

Dreams can come true

Do you have a dream so bad that you would do anything to achieve it?. Before you can answer this question I would like to know ," how far are you in accomplishing it"? It is fine to have a dream but it is another story to make that dream into a reality. How bad do you want it? We get to realise that it is the things in life that brings value by the small contributions we make towards others.This does not necessarily need to be money or material things but just a smile, compassion or a listening ear will mean the world to those in emotional pain. We all have a part to play in serving one another. It does not only have to be in church but it is actually outside the four walls of church where the real church should happen. You and me being the church to someone.  In doing the things we love and things that make us tick we discover our purpose on earth. We sometimes want things to hit us like thunder to discover our purpose on earth whereas it has been with you the whole time. Ev...

Life-changing investment

In 5 months time it will be 10 years ago when everything changed. I found myself looking for answers in all the wrong places. Partying, drinking and thinking I am having the time of my life. Involved in a relationship that I did not think was important until I realised I'm playing with someone's heart. This time around  it was not just someone who are here for temporary fun but someone who actually saw a future with me. For someone who have been hurt multiple times this was a reality shock and I realise I was on the wrong path. I thought I could play with people's feelings because of the hurt and disappointment in relationships I had in the past and thought  I could do it with anyone and move on. This was truly a reality check for me. The realisation of being on the wrong path drove me to searching for a place where I could go and praise God again. I have drifted slowly and surely away from the house of the Lord since I moved away from home. I have explored the world throug...