Skip to main content

How to persevere through tough times

Life has taught me so many things in a short period of time of my precious years here on earth. One can grow through situations that was meant to destroy you. It does not mean that I have everything under control now but I sure have a better idea how to react to situations now. Previously decisions were made based on what others thought. Looking back now there are footprints of seeking approval from others. Not feeling worthy of myself. Always trying to fit in somewhere. 

How naive can one be?? The money and time spent on senseless things. How time really passed by partying it away. Lived in the now moments and not planning and thinking of the future. The many dreams that were dreamt during childhood times were hidden far away. The feeling of achievement because now there is more than enough money to buy all the things you could never buy. Simply because there was just enough for what was needed and not wanted. You always thought that if you finish school you will get a permanent work somewhere. That is the assurance then that you reach success and dont have to worry anymore. You have the certainty that you will have a job everyday.

Having the job you wanted now, which is permanent ofcoz, lets you think is this it?? The process it went through until the permanent job was not a easy one. It surely had lows all the way. One interview after the other turned down. Especially if you dont have the experience directly after your school years. It is so evident that it had to require perserverance to get to the end result. To think at that moment you only wanted a permanent work. It did not matter the type of work. How desperate can one be?? 

So how desperate are you to go after what you want?

When looking back on your life , you should evaluate the process that you went through that made you end up where you are now. Are you satisfied or are you still striving? Did you do anything to get what you want? Are you happy with where you are currently? Did you move with purpose and dedication to accomplish what your heart so desire?

How did you end here??? This is the question you should ask yourself right  now?? 

One can have all the plans set out for ourselves but when things dont fall in place you can easily give up. You can easily stop looking for better oppertunities. Personally I dont believe that is what God had in mind when He created us. He want us too be the best we can be. Have dominion over the earth and create our own life. We are the masters of our lifes and we belong to a Great Master who created us in  His image. He surely has only the best in mind for us, but it will definitely require teamwork here.

If only you knew then what you know now. Wow to think  of all the promises set out for us. We are really richly blessed with spiritual blessings when we come back to our Father God.

All  the years searching for a job taught me the ability to be strong through tough times. To push harder when one door was shut. Even though it was not felt in those times but it was the Lord God who made me so strong. His grace gave me the ability. How much more can I persevere now that I am working together with Him. 

It is amazing to think that even when we go through situations that looks impossible at that moment leads to great end results and you say: "'Sjoe I made it. I dont know how but I did." 

For a couple of years there were times of spiritual blindness. Going with the crowd. Experiencing things which did not end well. But what is so shocking is that the hunger for more of these "bad" things kept on repeating itself until it brought me to a still stand. The day when one have to reflect back and evaluate all the actions with the results. It was definitely not pleasant results or memories. 

This however brought me to the day when I came to myself. I asked:" Is this who you are for real"? 

I didnt like that person at all. Ashamed, dirty, unworthy and guilty, ugly and just plain nasty.

But God. That is really Love I felt when I came to myself. 

Sometimes it takes a lifetime to realise who you are. What you are created for. Why you are here.
Why you need to go through tough times. 

We get distracted along the road when we are building our life. Many nice times , nice to haves make our minds to go crazy and then we forget the whole vision we had from the start. How do one get on track then?

It may take 31 years to realise you were off track. In fact we think if we once got of track it is meant to be over. One can not help but to share the pitfalls to those still maturing and becoming there best version. 

Dont loose focus. Remenber how difficult it was to get where you are now. Why did you stop to become who you picture yourself to be??

Dreams without goals is dead. Start writing your vision down again. Start afresh. Just start again to dream. The limits you have right now are in your mind. 

Start with what you have. Push through. Your breaktrough is closer then you know. 

JUST DONT STOP MOVING< DREAM>WRITINGDOWNYOURVISION>

CWR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jy is spesiaal!

Soms wonder jy of jy genoeg is? Of jy mooi genoeg is, slim genoeg is, ryk genoeg is of self invloedryk genoeg is. Dit kan jou dan laat wonder of jy ooit spesiaal genoeg is om te wees waar jy jouself bevind. Tog kan jy nie help dat jy gebore is in die familie wat jy het of dat jy in die dorp, stad is waar jy is. Veral as jong dogter of seun wat nie vir hulle self werk en sorg. Jy is nog afhanklik van ma en pa en soms wil jy so haastig klaar maak met skool om onder hulle sorg weg te beweeg.  Tog as jy wel wegbreek besef jy dat dit maar altyd beter en soms lekkerder by die huis was as wat jy nou op jou eie is. Hier waar jy nou self moet uit haal en wys en verantwoordelikheid moet opneem vir jou eie lewe. As jongmeisie of seun het jy weer ander uitdagings soos bv  wat jy nou eintlik uit die lewe wil hĂȘ. Jy scroll op social media en hou ander mense dop en wil dan soos hulle wees of self die goed he wat hulle het. Tog weet jy dat jy dit nie kan beskostig nie. Dan kom die vraag weer....

Dreams can come true

Do you have a dream so bad that you would do anything to achieve it?. Before you can answer this question I would like to know ," how far are you in accomplishing it"? It is fine to have a dream but it is another story to make that dream into a reality. How bad do you want it? We get to realise that it is the things in life that brings value by the small contributions we make towards others.This does not necessarily need to be money or material things but just a smile, compassion or a listening ear will mean the world to those in emotional pain. We all have a part to play in serving one another. It does not only have to be in church but it is actually outside the four walls of church where the real church should happen. You and me being the church to someone.  In doing the things we love and things that make us tick we discover our purpose on earth. We sometimes want things to hit us like thunder to discover our purpose on earth whereas it has been with you the whole time. Ev...

Life-changing investment

In 5 months time it will be 10 years ago when everything changed. I found myself looking for answers in all the wrong places. Partying, drinking and thinking I am having the time of my life. Involved in a relationship that I did not think was important until I realised I'm playing with someone's heart. This time around  it was not just someone who are here for temporary fun but someone who actually saw a future with me. For someone who have been hurt multiple times this was a reality shock and I realise I was on the wrong path. I thought I could play with people's feelings because of the hurt and disappointment in relationships I had in the past and thought  I could do it with anyone and move on. This was truly a reality check for me. The realisation of being on the wrong path drove me to searching for a place where I could go and praise God again. I have drifted slowly and surely away from the house of the Lord since I moved away from home. I have explored the world throug...