Skip to main content

How to revive your dreams

Have you had a dream since your school days ? Have you brought it into reality?

I know many did not because I am one of them. When I finished matric I wanted to become a social worker. I knew I had to go and study to become a professional social worker but since we were not in a great financial state I reckon ,"nah let me rather go and work".  I had this dream because I had the passion to help people or maybe I didn't.  

I mean if I were that passionate about this career why did I not try all means to fulfill this dream. This is which led me to help someone to revive that buried dream.

1. Go down memory lane
It is nice to just become quiet with your own thoughts and being reminded of the good things that happened years ago. It is also important to remember that dream you once had. Start to remember how it made you feel when you daydreamed about it. The possibilities you envisioned with the beautiful end results.

2. Write it down again
You probably wrote your dream down back in the days but it its going to require you to do it again. This time you will have to make it plain and simple. Put realistic timeframes against each goal you set for yourself. You need to do this exercise to be able to read it every morning and every night. 

3. Evaluate yourself against your goals
Start to evaluate yourself at the end of each month. This will determine your effectiveness for that month. It is good to have an idea about something but if it is not put into action and there is nothing against which it are evaluated ,it will be just remain a dream.

4. Go over to action
The main aim is that you start to work towards achieving your dream. Are you willing to go the extra mile by putting in the actual work that it will require from you.

Many times we tend to overthink things so much. We see other people succeeding and wish to be like them and wish to achieve what they did. What we actually dont know is the work behind everything. The many sacrifices that had to be made. The determination to reach their goals.
  
Do not look at others and start to compare your life journey with them. You should focus on your path. Refocus all your energy and creativity on what you want to see at the end of your journey. The impact that you would like to make in the lives of others. 

These are a few things you can start to apply in your life and expect a change to happen step by step. 

CWR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jy is spesiaal!

Soms wonder jy of jy genoeg is? Of jy mooi genoeg is, slim genoeg is, ryk genoeg is of self invloedryk genoeg is. Dit kan jou dan laat wonder of jy ooit spesiaal genoeg is om te wees waar jy jouself bevind. Tog kan jy nie help dat jy gebore is in die familie wat jy het of dat jy in die dorp, stad is waar jy is. Veral as jong dogter of seun wat nie vir hulle self werk en sorg. Jy is nog afhanklik van ma en pa en soms wil jy so haastig klaar maak met skool om onder hulle sorg weg te beweeg.  Tog as jy wel wegbreek besef jy dat dit maar altyd beter en soms lekkerder by die huis was as wat jy nou op jou eie is. Hier waar jy nou self moet uit haal en wys en verantwoordelikheid moet opneem vir jou eie lewe. As jongmeisie of seun het jy weer ander uitdagings soos bv  wat jy nou eintlik uit die lewe wil hĂȘ. Jy scroll op social media en hou ander mense dop en wil dan soos hulle wees of self die goed he wat hulle het. Tog weet jy dat jy dit nie kan beskostig nie. Dan kom die vraag weer....

Dreams can come true

Do you have a dream so bad that you would do anything to achieve it?. Before you can answer this question I would like to know ," how far are you in accomplishing it"? It is fine to have a dream but it is another story to make that dream into a reality. How bad do you want it? We get to realise that it is the things in life that brings value by the small contributions we make towards others.This does not necessarily need to be money or material things but just a smile, compassion or a listening ear will mean the world to those in emotional pain. We all have a part to play in serving one another. It does not only have to be in church but it is actually outside the four walls of church where the real church should happen. You and me being the church to someone.  In doing the things we love and things that make us tick we discover our purpose on earth. We sometimes want things to hit us like thunder to discover our purpose on earth whereas it has been with you the whole time. Ev...

Life-changing investment

In 5 months time it will be 10 years ago when everything changed. I found myself looking for answers in all the wrong places. Partying, drinking and thinking I am having the time of my life. Involved in a relationship that I did not think was important until I realised I'm playing with someone's heart. This time around  it was not just someone who are here for temporary fun but someone who actually saw a future with me. For someone who have been hurt multiple times this was a reality shock and I realise I was on the wrong path. I thought I could play with people's feelings because of the hurt and disappointment in relationships I had in the past and thought  I could do it with anyone and move on. This was truly a reality check for me. The realisation of being on the wrong path drove me to searching for a place where I could go and praise God again. I have drifted slowly and surely away from the house of the Lord since I moved away from home. I have explored the world throug...