In a boxing match there is
usually two people who are getting into a ring to battle against each other for
a prize. There can only be one winner. During this time the fight and flight
impulses kick in. One will constantly opt to fight (remain standing or
getting up) or to flight (remain on the ground and give up).
Are you currently facing a
fight or flight situation?
It can be anything from:
· Should I continue with the studies when it
seems impossible?
· Must I stay in this relationship even if it
brings so much tears?
· How do I keep the peace in the family?
· Do I keep working under bad working conditions?
· How do a face unbearable meetings within the
work environment?
·
Do I give up on my son or daughter?
·
Do I fight for my marriage?
There a numerous battles we
must fight daily. It is not always easy to find a solution to the problem. It
will require you to make a decision: fight or flight?
On my path I had to decide to
either give up on getting a job or continue to search for one. I had to make a
choice of taking the life changing job opportunity or rather too remain at home
with my one-year-old. I had to decide to take a chance on love again after
multiple heartaches. I had to make a decision to move to another province or
remain in my comfort zone because of fear of the unknown. All of my choices at
the end worked out for my good.
Today I can look back and
reflect on the fight and flight scenarios. There were many times that I wanted
to flight but then I would not have been where I am today. Where we are today are the results of the
choices we made on our life’s journey.
What are you facing today? Are
you going to fight or flight?
Fight for what you believe in
and hold on to your values. Go after your dreams and aspirations with all your
heart, soul and mind and you will definitely see the results thereof. Take that
leap of faith to accomplish what you were destined for. We are made to be
creative and to grow and not to remain stagnate. The power lies within us.
Let as fight together!
Comments
Post a Comment