This is a picture of myself that I took in 2014 or 2015. I just know it was in the season of me being single at the time. This was the time I had already told myself that I will never get married one day.
In fact, that was the decision I have made and sticked to it. I never knew that what I decided did not occur as I have planned because in 2018, I got married to the most wonderful, caring, loving husband.
God really had His plan laid out long before time. If I never had faith before, my faith grew so strong of seeing God working things the moment my focus shifted from what I want and how I plan things but instead make God the first most important priority in my life. This picture reflects such joy in my eyes. But that season it was not a joyous time at all. So much pain and hurt are hidden behind this smile. So much bad choices that I have made during this time in my life, and I am thankful it did happen because really prepared me and trained me for the person I am today. From a life of independence to a life of surrender first to God my Maker and allowing myself to be loved again and to give love in return.
This year 2023 my husband and I will be celebrating our 5th year anniversary. This is the work of God. When I thought, I am not mend to get married, God showed me otherwise. This is the grace of God and nothing I did in my own power and strength.
The journey of reflecting on God's goodness and power will be explored this year as I will engage on this page. Thank You God for your faithfulness towards me. Help me to become more faithful to You.
C<W>R

Comments
Post a Comment