The other day at work I was asked "How are you doing"? I said I'm doing good. The person asked me if I am sure that I really am. The question than changed to how are you spiritually doing"? I said goooood.. With a surprising face.
So I ask why is she asking. She said to me that "Your light is not shining as usual"! Since last week I observed it.
This really hit me! After our gathering of roll call as we call it in my working environment I went to look for her. To tell her she should pray for me as she saw it without me realizing it. Long story short I did not find her as she was occupied in a meeting.
I however walked into the office of a man of God and I told him about what happen as she is a friend of his. This is someone I usually also talk about the things of Christ.
He said so powerfully how we are the reflection of Jesus through our way of doing life everyday as children of God.
We do not always have to say too much words of encouragement but our manner of living will resemble the Jesus Christ of who I am talking about.
Sometimes you think you do not shine for Jesus in your everyday life. But there are people who does see something that you as a child of God are not aware of.
I could not take credit for the light of Jesus Christ but to just give God glory.
I thank God that he use ordinary people to show areas in my life that needs attention. That my light is dimming. But the fact that it is dimming means there is still hope.
Just because you don't feel on fire as usual does not mean all hope is gone. Just show up for Jesus Christ to do His work in and through you and being honest of where you are right now. He will equip and empower you again.
Thank you Jesus that I am not totally out in darkness but that there is a dimming version that is about to explode into brightness that only You can get the glory for.
Woman of God.. KEEP ON SHINING FOR Jesus Christ. You are watched and people will be saved through your light.
Your daughter
Comments
Post a Comment